Excellence in Governance Awards/
Prix d’excellence en gouvernance (EGs)
The inaugural Excellence in Governance Awards (EGs).
The CSCS EG Awards recognize the important contribution governance professionals make in terms of best practices that build and sustain shareholder and stakeholder value. The awards underscore the critical role that good governance plays in sustaining the value of Canada’s public companies, crown corporations, government agencies, and not-for-profit organizations, contributing to the competitiveness of Canada’s economy and its capital markets.
CSCS is committed to support and enhance the role of the corporate secretary and governance professionals in Canada. The Society’s members work on the front lines of governance and the organization is well positioned through reputation, influence and representation, to celebrate the practice of good governance in Canada.
The Excellence in Governance Awards jury panel is composed of seasoned and well-respected governance experts from across Canada.
Candidates eligible for nomination include individuals who play a role in the governance of their organizations, and those who have made a significant contribution to governance in other capacities, including public service.
CSCS will seek nominations from the public in the following award categories:
- Best sustainability, ethics and environmental governance programs
- Best use of technology in governance, risk and compliance
- Best approach to board and committee support
- Best shareholder or stakeholder engagement by a governance team
- Best overall corporate governance
- Best approach to board diversity
- Joyce Borden-Reed CSCS distinguished contribution award
- Peter Dey Lifetime achievement award
CSCS expects that the recognition winners and nominees alike will gain from these awards will further their careers, raise awareness for the key role played by governance professionals, and inspire others to follow their example.
- February 15, 2013: Launch of Awards. Nominations accepted. For details on the entry process, please visit How to Enter.
- April 19, 2013: Deadline for nominations.
- May 31, 2013: Short-list announced.
- August 18, 2013: Excellence in Governance Awards ceremony.