Why Join CSCS
Five compelling reasons to join CSCS:
- CSCS national representation provides you with the opportunity to engage with colleagues and fellow governance professionals and to build a network of contacts
- Regional chapters provide local members with networking events and roundtable discussions on current issues. These sessions let you engage with fellow professionals in your business community
- Our online membership directory allows you to network with CSCS members
2. Information resources
You will have access to:
Our “Request for Assistance” - a service that allows members to share information and seek support from their peers. The queries and responses received from fellow members are maintained on our website for continuous reference
Governance Matters at CSCS - our monthly e-newsletter has the latest news to keep you informed of upcoming events, regulatory updates, important governance matters and other membership information
Our ever-expanding on-line resource library of tools and precedents that provide templates, best practices, links and other valuable information
3. Annual conference and professional development
The CSCS annual conference gathers members, professionals, service providers and governance experts from across the country for a three-day event that:
- Offers you a unique opportunity to network and share ideas with fellow governance professionals
- Is recognized as the pre-eminent national event for corporate secretaries and governance professionals in Canada
- Focuses on issues facing corporate secretaries and governance professionals today, and features speakers and panelists from leadership roles in business, governance, policy and law from Canada and elsewhere
CSCS also offers cross-country issue-based and professional development seminars, which address the latest developments facing corporate secretaries and governance professionals in a practical manner.
The increasing focus on governance, good corporate practices, effective shareholder communications, timely disclosure, and efficient board administration, highlights the need for a strong association to represent the interests of governance practitioners.
In this complex regulatory environment, corporate secretaries must keep abreast of legislative changes and implementation issues. CSCS represents you in the consultation process, and it achieves greater visibility for your role and profession in Canada with a strong national voice to government, stock exchanges and regulators.
5. Strategic alliances
CSCS is aligned with other like-minded national and international bodies and is positioned to provide our members with a global perspective on corporate governance. We have formed these alliances to provide you with:
- A comprehensive view of all issues and concerns relevant to you and your corporate counterparts, such as investor relations, financial and legal professionals, executives and corporate directors
- Access to information and events outside of CSCS
- The opportunity to expand your contacts and networks with industry professionals outside of CSCS